This is really easy and very tasty. Can be served hot or cold. Makes good leftovers too. Serves 4
- ¾ pound dry spaghetti
- 3 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped or thinly sliced or just smashed - however you like it.
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas, thawed (better yet, use peas from your garden!)
- 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
- 4 to 5 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (omit for vegan/vegetarian version)
Cook your pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 2 tblsps oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and jalapeños and cook until garlic is golden but not browned. Stir in lemon zest and peas. Remove from heat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Add pasta to peas and stir in remaining tblsp oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Over low heat blend; add enough cooking water to moisten. Dust with Parmesan and serve. Simple and so delicious. You could add anchovies to this or crushed red pepper.