Adventures

Mar 9, 2009

Tilapia

Tilapia is an affordable, easy to use, quick to cook fish. A great way to get lean protein.
I take a medium-sized non, stick pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil. I then saute about a cup's worth of my favorite veggies that I've diced rather small. For example, onion, red pepper, zucchini and a clove of garlic. I cook these veggies just for a few minutes then lower the heat to medium. Place the fish fillets right on top of the veggies. For this particular dish I used Just over a pound of fish in three filets. Add a bit of liquid - broth, water, wine, a combo of two or more of these - then cover and let the fish gently cook. As it cooks you can see it change from that opaque, gray color to white. As it cooks, you can add more liquid if needed.
When the fillets are completely white in color, that's a sign that they are probably cooked. You can shut off the heat and leave the cover on the pan. The fish will continue to cook a bit while you gather the plates and silverware. Enjoy this with a side of your favorite rice/grain and a veggie.

3 comments:

FH said...

I am planning to buy Tilapia too, heard so much about this but never cooked at home. Dish looks fab! :)

Unknown said...

This looks great.. will have to try sometime. here in U.S. i always have a hard time to find ingredients. one of my friend introduced me to a great resource and i thought that i pass great along as well.

www.myethnicworld.com

vb said...

Asha and Dawn, try Tilapia. You can dress it up however you like.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails