Adventures

Mar 19, 2013

Project 285-284: Roasted Pepper and White Bean Soup

Soup is still a dish we crave because the weather is still chilly and damp. It might be late March but a bowl of soup is not entirely out of season. Because I roasted a bunch of very large peppers yesterday, making this soup was quick. You can use canned roasted peppers but I just prefer the taste of the ones I roast myself. They really taste, well, roasted.

In my food processor I blended three large, yellow roasted peppers, half a 4 oz. can of roasted green chiles, and half a 15 oz. can of cannellini beans.

I sauteed a chopped sweet onion and two cloves of garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. I added salt, freshly ground cumin seed, smoked paprika and freshly ground black pepper and cooked until the onions colored a bit.

I then added the cooked onions to the food processor and added vegetable broth until I had the consistency I wanted. I don't mind texture in my soup and I don't mind some pepper seeds so the food processor is my tool of choice. Use the blender of you prefer. Strain it too, if you like.

I garnished the soup with sliced cherry tomatoes. Cilantro would be nice. A dollop of sour cream perhaps or strained yogurt (now marketed as "Greek yogurt"). Don't forget a hunk of crusty bread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails