Adventures

Aug 18, 2010

Baked Eggs With Goat Cheese

Here's a little plug for my Italian heritage. But it's also the basis of a very tasty and easy to make baked egg. dish. I diced one seeded jalapeño pepper, half of a large onion, and half a large red pepper. I sauteed this in a little extra virgin olive oil until the veggies were just soft. I seasoned with salt and pepper.

On top of this mixture I cracked four eggs. A gentle hand is helpful. I took a rubber spatula and gently stretched out the egg whites and made sure egg white fell into the veggie mixture and hit the hot pan. This helped to form a base on which the rest of the dish cooked.
I cooked it like this for a few minutes, giving the whole thing a chance to firm up. Next came the goat cheese. Creamy and tangy in its goatiness, it's a household favorite. A dollop on each egg did the trick. Then I put the pan under the broiler until the cheese melted. I sprinkled fresh chopped dill on top right before serving. Eggs make a great dinner. You won't be disappointed if you bake some eggs tonight.

7 comments:

Julie said...

WOw..I think it taste really good. How i wish I can make in my own.

vb said...

Thanks, Julie!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Mmmmmmm, simple but tasty :)

vb said...

Jacqueline, simple is often the best.

Becky said...

Great salad! The walnuts add an awesome crunch and the the cheese is so creamy... just wonderful. All the flavors work really well together.

sadie said...

Delicious. I whipped up a little balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil dressing. Delicious.

Allison Clark said...

Yummy. I wanna eat it right now. Eggs really makes me tummy grumble I wanna have it all the time. I will have to try the new recipe you shared. Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails