Adventures

Aug 6, 2011

The Tuscan Tea Room & Romanza Floral

Friday we went to The Tuscan Tea Room & Romanza Floral for their happy hour. It's in the Junction, right next door to Wing Dome which is pretty funny. The two places couldn't be more different. I can see how the husbands would go one way and the wives the other. There wasn't one man in the place - as a customer. I have to admit, the place is a bit over the top with decor. Not my cup of tea, pun not even intended. That's me in the giant mirror snapping a self-portrait. And as far as tea goes, I like tea just fine. I might even like to go here for an official tea service. But I didn't look at the tea menu so I can't comment on what's available.
We were in the mood for food and a cocktail. We each had a cocktail with a grapefruit influence. S chose a drink with a sweeter taste and mine had a bit more of a bite thanks to the tequila. They have a happy hour drink menu and plenty of small plates - chiccheti ( chi-KET-tee) - which you can easily turn into a satisfying dinner. Below you see the Polenta ai Fungi and the Spiedini. The polenta was fabulous and it was hard to share it. The spiedini had a wonderful flavor but the sausage and the pork tenderloin were each a bit dry.
Here is the Crespelle Porcini and it was creamy and mushroomy and very good. We also had the Scampi Fra Diavolo (not pictured) which was very spicy. I happen to like that. My eyes watered a bit and my lips tingled. I was surprised it was so spicy. Usually places will tone down the spice for the typical American diner. I'm glad they didn't but just know that they mean business. Then again, it could have been a heavy hand on the part of the chef that evening. All in all it was a really nice way to spend the evening together. Afterwards, we strolled the Junction, window shopping, browsing in stores we'd not yet explored, and stopping at Husky Deli for dessert.










2 comments:

berk0745 said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!
Excited to try it myself!

The Rowdy Chowgirl said...

Sometimes over the top is just right. Looks so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails