These were delicious, no argument there. These were easy. These will hold you all the live long day.
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup butter (or butter substitute of your liking), melted
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent)
- Optional: a dash of vanilla; a pinch of cinnamon; a pinch of all-spice; and/or grated orange zest
I heat the griddle on medium, sprayed it with cooking spray and then started ladling the batter. Not too big, not too small. I let each cook 3-4 minutes. Then I flipped and let them cook another 3 minutes or so. You can tell when they've "set" and that's when I remove them from the griddle and ladle out another batch.
Top these to suit your fancy. I dig fresh cranberries, almonds, and real maple syrup.