Adventures

Sep 4, 2008

Herbed Butter

This is a very easy way to dress up butter. Use your favorite herbs in quantities that suit you. Use salted or unsalted butter. Here's what I used:

1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2 heaping tbsp fresh herbs, chopped (basil, Italian parsley, sage)

In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients until herbs are evenly incorporated into the butter. Turn out mixture onto wax paper, shape into a log, and wrap it up. Chill for a couple of hours. You can also use little butter molds or shape the butter any way you like. I needed the log shape so I could slice the butter into discs to stuff into bison burgers. That's also why I chose unsalted butter. I'd be seasoning the burgers with salt and pepper before I grilled them.

2 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow herb butter sounds rich with health and taste.

vb said...

kitchen flavours, thanks for visiting! It's really easy to make too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails