Adventures

Apr 17, 2010

Siggi's Icelandic yogurt is about as thick as the volcanic ash which is grounding flights all over Europe. As far as yogurt goes, I like that. But I can also strain my favorite yogurt and get the same thing. I'll be doing this soon with some goat's milk yogurt and I've done this dozens of times in the past, like with the smoked salmon yogurt cheese. And I should have picked a different flavor, that's my fault. Give Siggi's a try if you haven't tried strained yogurt (seems to be all the rage). Then go make your own and get creative with the flavors. Go sweet, fruity, savory or plain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We must be on the same mental plane (which could be scary for you) because I bought 2 containers of this very expensive yogurt this past week! I got the same flavor you have pictured and I got acai. Neither was very flavorful - just very tart. And I can vouch for the thickness of the product. Very difficult to fold in my Fiber One cereal.

- Mary

vb said...

Mary, I don't fear being on the same mental plane as you. A mental car or bus, maybe. But at least on the plane there is the in-flight movie to distract me. Yeah, I wasn't groovin' on the tartness of this product.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails