Adventures

Apr 15, 2013

Project 258: Pizza with Mozzarella di Buffala, Prosciutto, and Caramelized Shallots

I'm not sure how much I can say about this pizza. It was just so damn good there's no need to wax poetic. Here's what I did:

Because I've been sick (and tired), I used a store-bought ball of whole wheat dough. It wasn't great but it did the job. I caramelized several thinly sliced shallots in extra virgin olive oil. Slow and low is the way to go with caramelizing. This was the only cooking I did besides putting the whole thing in the oven.
I rubbed the dough with olive oil, scattered the shallots, (almost) wantonly strew the prosciutto, then distributed chunks of the mozzarella di buffala. This went onto a pre-heated pizza stone into a 425-450 degree oven until it was bubbly to our liking. 
It. Was. Amazing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails