Adventures

Aug 22, 2014

Yes We Canned!

It's that time of year when we can stuff. This year it's peaches in jam and pie form. Sixty pounds of peaches from Carpinito Brothers turned into thirty-three half pints of jam and nine pies. Misu inspected the produce. 


 Misu is always present but rarely helpful. The pies go into the freezer. We give them as gifts and enjoy them during the long winter.
We made three kinds of jam: peach, peach-ginger, and peach-peño - my favorite. This year I was a bit lax in scraping out the seeds and membrane so it actually has real heat. Finally. I try to keep the heat tame so I can give this as a gift and not blow anyone's head off. I like hot but not everyone does. Then again, if I just keep it all for myself it doesn't matter how hot it is. Hmmmmm.....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana Bodanza would be so proud!
-Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails